Finally Friday

I’m not sure why I still get excited when it’s Friday since I’m on summer vacation but I do! Maybe because it’s the end of the work week for my mom? And symbols another week done.
This morning I slept until 8:30ish. By the time I made it upstairs my mom had already left for her morning gym session. I enjoyed a cup of coffee and some blueberries and strawberries. I wasn’t very hungry probably due to the two cookies I had at 9pm followed my more handfuls of trail mix at 9:30 pm. I lack some self control when it comes to the foods I really enjoy but I don’t like to deprive myself. The cookies were worth it too, especially the trail mix cookie. There’s a trend I’d you didn’t notice but seriously the cookie is a must try if you ever see it at your local Whole Foods!


By 9 am I was ready to go to the gym for my morning elliptical workout. Because I have a history of injury I keep my doubles mostly to cross training to lower the impact on my bones during base training. This afternoon I also managed to find an Alter G to use near Baltimore before I pick my dad and his girlfriend up from the airport. Score! I love those treadmills and am ready for a longer low impact run to finish off my week of training.
Once I was home again I grabbed a second cup of coffee, we drink half-calf because I like the taste but don’t want to rely too much on caffeine, and decided to make some sweet eggs for my full breakfast today/lunch since my run is at 2 I don’t want to eat too much before going long when you can’t easily stop. This is one of my favorite breakfasts to make once or twice a week when I take some more time than just having Greek yogurt. I did add some plain greek yogurt on top of the eggs as well as some musili and chocolate chips. I had more blueberries and some sliced up strawberries too.


After eating I packed a bag for my dads house, got what I needed for my run, and checked some emails. I then grabbed a few handfuls of trail mix before heading out to drive to Baltimore to run.

I had a great run, I went for 80 minutes and covered 12.63 miles for an avg. pace of 6:20/mile. I ended up buying a 300 minute package to use over the course of the summer. I showered off at the PT clinic and headed out to the airport and drank a protein shake in the car. I had to wait in the cell phone lot for about 15 minutes before they had their bags. We stopped at Costco before heading off to Chestertwon which was roughly an 80 minute drive… I spent a lot of time in the car today! Luckily I had some leftover salmon in a tupperware because I was hungry again by 6 since we were still in the car. I also ate one of my brownies on the drive too.


Now we are finally at my dads house after stopping to pick up a loaf of bread at the local bakery and it is HOT! He turned off the A/C for the week he was away and it has been so humid. It is already close to 8 pm and we are just started to make dinner so it is going to be a late one. I actually have no idea what we are eating either so now it is time to go find out and offer my help. I think I am going to make some peanut butter protein balls I saw online the other day too to have as a snack for the up coming week. Have a good friday night!




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s