Catching up

Sorry I didn’t make it on yesterday; the day just seemed to get away from me and I didn’t have time to sit down on my computer with internet.

I was finally up at my usual hour again, 7:15 am and did my usual morning routine of coffee and hit the gym. I pretty much took everything that I needed for the day with me but forgot my phone charger so I ran home from the gym and got that before running back and then headed to the pool for a few hours.

I left around 3 to meet two friends, twins, for some afternoon frozen yogurt. I decided to go for the blended up cup today so it was more like a McFlurry. Yummm. We stayed and chatted for awhile but I had to leave to go shower before babysitting at 6 pm. The parents were out until just after 11, which made for a late night. Once I got home, finished making the coffee (I picked up decaf because we were out), and finished my conversation with Shane it was nearing 1 am.

This morning I woke up around 8:30 with a stomach ache. I really didn’t feel great all day. I hung out this morning and organized some things. Breakfast was some pretty bland dry cereal but lunch was awesome! I made a protein pancake and filled it with coconut sauteed banana, some chocolate chips, greek yogurt, and topped it with some sun butterIMG_0189IMG_0191

For the pancake batter I mixed together:

  • 1/2 cup egg beaters
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1 small scoop chocolate protein powder
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp ground chia seeds
before filling and folding
before filling and folding

I headed out at 1 pm for my 2 pm Alter G appointment in Baltimore. It turned out I ate too close to running, not leaving myself enough time to digest and started out with a cramp and a full on stomach ache by the end of my run. I managed to struggle through until the end and ran 15 miles in 1 hour 34 minutes. That is a new distance PR for me so even though I didn’t feel great I was happy I didn’t give up!

On the drive home I stopped for some frozen yogurt and made it to my gym in time for a 5:30 yoga class, I also did a 10 minute plank routine before hand. After yoga I showered and headed to The Fresh Market to pick up some trail mix, chocolate, and got some tuna and seaweed salad and some thai lobster salad from the seafood bar. I put that on top of some lettuce at home for dinner after munching on carrots and hummus.

first time here! it's a good one
first time here! it’s a good one


Now I finally had time to get on the computer and relax a bit! Have a good Friday night. I may even enjoy a cake batter chocolate chip cookie after my long run today.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s