Last weekend I made some killer muffins. Shane is in love with both my banana and pumpkin muffins so whenever I am home or with him I like to bake him some as a treat. I also enjoy them myself. Usually I am able to make 12 large muffins and 6-9 mini muffins so I keep the mini ones for myself but they only last a day or two. I usually just throw everything together in a bowl and change up my ‘recipe’ a little bit every time but this is my pretty standard ingredients.
I like to use some other type of flour when I bake to add some extra protein and texture and lately my favorite has been coconut flour but feel free to use almond, peanut, soy, or whatever your heart may desire. 🙂
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup white flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour or nut flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp ground chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large ripe bananas
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- ¼ cup milk or water
- ¼ cup peanut butter or other nut butter
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with muffin papers.
- Sift flours, baking soda, cinnamon, and chia seed ingredients into a medium bowl.
- Combine egg, sugar, milk, and yogurt in a large bowl.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture and when blended vanilla, peanut butter and mashed bananas.
- Fold in chocolate chips (or walnuts) and pour batter into molds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.