Quinoa has become a go to grain for me over the past couple of years. It is so good for you and tastes good too and you can flavor it in a ton of different ways. A few of the reasons it is a superfood and very healthy is because it contains all of the essential amino acids, 6g of protein and 3 g of fiber per 1/2 cup serving.
Veggie Quinoa Salad:
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup edamame
- 1/4 cup drained black beans
- 1 sauteed and chopped bell peper
- 1/4 sauteed mushrooms
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp ginger paste (ginger in a tube)
- 1 tsp ginger salt spice blend
- 1/4 lime
- Cook the quinoa as the package says and pour into a bowl when cooled.
- While quinoa is cooking sautee the mushrooms and peppers with coconut oil or olive oil.
- Have pre-shelled and cooked edamame to use and drain the black beans. Add both to a bowl with quinoa when cooled. Add mushrooms and peppers when ready.
- Put nutritional yeast, ginger paste and ginger salts into the bowl and stir together.
- Squeeze lime juice over and mix it in.
- Serve however you would like!
Tonight I put mine with some sweet potato wedges and some already cooked broccoli. It was all really good! I also added some avocado on top. The ginger salt blend is really good but sadly I’m not entirely sure where I picked it up so other sorts of spice blends could work too.