Per usual now I’m linking up with Amanda at Running with Spoons for another Thinking Out Loud Post! Enjoy.
1. Another per usual I am typing this up from Starbucks, getting my January daily free coffee with my reusable mug. The gift that keeps on giving! I was even able to use it in the airport going to and from New York last weekend.
2. With the holiday this Monday I only had classes on Tuesday and Thursday. 🙂 I love my class schedule this semester!
3. I went to my first ice hockey game in New York, a Rangers game, and had a blast! I went with Shane and his cousin and before taking the train into the city we checked out Marshall’s in New Rochelle and found a kids Nash jersey on sale for $29! (originally $110) I also found those pumpkin chips I posted a picture of yesterday (on WIAW) and ate on the plane- they were so good!
4. I ate two enchiladas and a salad for lunch on Tuesday at 1 pm with the bus to practice at 2:15 I was starting to really regret the decision because we usually do workouts on Tuesdays buttt I lucked out and us long distance runners only had a 50 minute run that we had to push the pace on the second half… much better than 1000 repeats or something of the likes with that in my stomach.
5. I’ve been in Prednisone since Thanksgiving now and am getting a little frustrated with the side effects- puffyness, I found out people call it “moonface” I feel like it gets worse everyday! I naturally have chubby cheeks, which I don’t mind (otherwise I’m very lean because of distance running and genes) but at this point its a little ridiculous. I also lost a lot of my muscle tone, even though I’m still strong, it’s just not defined. I know feeling better than I did a couple months ago is more important but some days it’s frustrating… The rings my mom had made for my sister and I for Christmas from her engagement ring also doesn’t fit right now because I had the ring fitting a couple days before I started the medicine.
6. One of my roommates opened my jar of cookie butter without asking or telling me. I know it’s not something I’m going to cause a problem about, I don’t mind sharing food, it’s just the fact that I hadn’t opened my own jar yet and it’s something we can’t get in New Orleans.
7. I started babysitting last night until tomorrow (Friday morning) for my family friends while they are in Texas for a few days for work. I love staying in a house and having a full kitchen, pantry, bedroom, bathroom, laundry room, etc. Best job ever, the money don’t hurt either.
8.Plus I left a bunch of my frozen food that I didn’t finish during the fall semester in one of their freezers so I have restocked my own freezer at school with the bag I left. Hello veggie burgers, sweet potato pancakes, spinach pancakes, edamame, and sweet potato tots 🙂
10. I start my iron Iv’s tomorrow! Wish my luck, I hate needles so hopefully I don’t pass out with it in my arm for an extended period of time. I don’t have the best past with needles and Iv’s but I’m glad this is finally getting started so I get increase my training intensity.