Hi, I am currently on my way to Birmingham, Alabama for my race tomorrow. We have a 6 hour bus ride so there is plenty of time to kill and get some work done plus more. I decided to skip out on Thinking out Loud this week and post this recipe I made when I was home two weeks ago that has been sitting in a document since then.
I love coffee and chocolate and had half a bag of the Blue Diamond Caramel Macchiato almonds on my hands so this is what I came up with. Shane also wanted some more “healthy truffles” since I brought him home a bunch I made at school but didn’t have the same ingredients that I had at school so some alterations had to be made.
Mocha Almond Truffles: (15-20 balls)
- ½ c. Cocoa Almonds
- ¼ c. Caramel Macchiato Almonds
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 2 T. coconut butter (I used Nikki’s Mocha Midnight)
- 1 T ground chia seeds
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Enough fresh brewed coffee to get it all blended together (1/4 c. ish)
- ¾ c. chocolate chips or melting chips (for dipping)
- optional: 1/3 c. white chocolate chips or melting chips, any sprinkles
1. Add almonds to food processor and blend until well ground.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until dough forms
3. Put in the fridge to cool for 15-20 minutes.
4. Take dough and form into small balls and put back in fridge for 10 min.
5. Melt dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips in microwave in 30-second increments until completely melted.
6. Take balls out of fridge and drip into chocolate and place onto parchment paper. Optional drizzle melted white chocolate on top and sprinkles. When complete put back in fridge or freezer until hard.
We both really liked them! They weren’t as sweet at the ones I made at school (I’ll post a recipe for those when I remake them since I didn’t write anything down the first time I made them) but I really like them as a midmorning treat (I eat a lot of “treats” midmorning). They have a pretty strong coffee taste between the almonds and real coffee so I hope you like coffee.