Hello, everyone ready for the weekend?? I have already started mine but still have a pretty busy day today. A short run this morning, some cross training, a yoga class at noon and then to the training room for the rehab and treatment they are giving me for my hip/hamstring/groin plus food in between some of those activities to keep me going. It is nothing too serious luckily, just extremely tight so my leg/joints were not moving correctly which caused me to start to limp. So they have been doing graston and combo (stem and ultra sound) on everything to loosen it up and I am already feeling a lot better and getting back to a more normal stride!
So this week I decided I really wanted to try and make some granola in a little bit of free time that I had. I have been on a kick of putting that on top of my yogurt instead of just muesli and love it to add a little more crunch. I always eye all the different flavors at the store but obviously cannot buy them all so I decided to make my own.
PB Cookie Dough Granola:
-1/2 c crunchy peanut butter or pb crave cookie nookie
-1 scoop peanut butter protein powder
-1 c old fashion oats
-1/4 c slivered almonds
-1/4 c shaved coconut
-1/4 c puff cereal
-1/4 c mini chocolate chips
-1 T coconut butter
-1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Take out a cookie sheet and spray with non-cook spray or line with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl measure out pb and coconut butter and melt in microwave for 30 seconds.
3. Stir and add in vanilla then oats and puff cereal. Mix it all together. Then add protein powder and mix together. Next add the almonds, shaved coconut and any other nuts/dried berries you want.
4. Spread out on the cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
5. Let cool and when putting into a container/jar add chocolate chips and shake up. ENJOY!
I really like this granola! I have been adding it to my yogurt and on top of smoothies and just eating it plain too! Some of my teammates have been asking for some too so I might have to make more this weekend 🙂 I hope you like it! It is super easy to make.