Happy Good Friday! No classes today is awesome, I slept in until 8 am this morning and am about to head off to a midday yoga class! But before I head out I wanted to share a new recipe I made last night! I seem to lack posting savory recipes and I really want to fix that, or just post more recipes in general, but savory is not the taste of today. I love baking muffins/breads/cookies etc and it is what I do most often. Otherwise I stick to some similar basics or eat out or in the dining hall so savory recipes are harder to come by. Buttt I will get there!
I decided earlier this week I really wanted to bake something with the MASSIVE bananas I had in the freezer, but also I wanted to switch it up from my usual banana muffins and make bars instead and experiment with a new recipe. Luckily they turned out great and I would definitely make these again! Might have too considering the fact that I only have 5 left out of 16 after one day.
Banana Bars: yield 16
-1/2 c. gluten free flour
-1/4 c. almond flour
-1/4 c. coconut sugar
-1/2 c. oats
-1 scoop protein powder (I used peanut butter flavor but vanilla/plain will work too)
-2 T pb2/peanut flour
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-2 T coconut butter (melted/softened)
-1/3 c. plain (vanilla or banana would work) greek yogurt
-2 Medium ripe bananas or 1 XL
-1 tsp vanilla
-optional (but recommended): 1/2 c. chocolate chips, 1/4 c. shredded coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×9 in pan.
2. Mash the banana in a bowl. Add wet ingredients and mix (vanilla, eggs, melted coconut butter)
3. Next Add the flours, protein powder, and baking soda. Mix together.
4. Then add in the greek yogurt and mix.
5. Last add in 1/2 c. chocolate chips and 1/4 c. shredded coconut and stir.
6. Pour the batter into pan and bake at 350 F for 23-25 minutes or until golden. Take out and let cool before cutting into squares.
I really liked having something in bar style and they are great with a spoonful of nut butter on top in the morning or as a snack! 🙂