Hey there! Can you believe it is November???!!! October went by so fast but for me, it is partially because I went home for the fall break long weekend so that sped things up. Now we are here on November 2nd and it actually feels like fall in New Orleans. Whattt? We had a cold front come through Friday night. Halloween, once the sun went down, was super windy and cold. There was a football game (which we lost) vs. Cincinnati at 7pm on campus, which I worked. Not many people signed up because it was Halloween so they gave us time and a half. For someone that wasn’t going to go out anyways I was pretty happy. We also had an athlete dinner before the game, which had a TON of candy for everyone. There were buckets of candy on all the tables and then a big table with a bunch of different jars of candy too. I stocked up on my favorites- twix and hershey’s dark chocolate plus a few of everything else- midnight milky ways, crackle bars, rolos, snickers, kitkats, crunch bars… there was every type that comes in those big multi pack Halloween candy options at the store.
And just because I obviously don’t have enough sugar in my dorm right now I decided last night I wanted to make brownies… but not just regular brownies. I was craving pumpkin brownies! Because I am in a dorm I do not have all the ingredients to make them from scratch (or the time) but nonetheless they are awesome and so easy to make, I made them as a break between homework assignments last night and while I was throwing some dinner stuff in the oven to cook anyways. My mom and Shane were also super jealous that I made them and they can’t have any, but my roommates are happy to be the ones to enjoy my baking instead.
I did half with marshmallow fluff and half without to cater to everyones desires. Obviously the huge chunk missing was my taste test 🙂 and they won my approval.
- Any brownie mix (I used TJ Reduced Guilt)
- 1/2 c. pumpkin puree
- 1/2 plain greek yogurt (or vanilla or pumpkin)
- 3 T pumpkin coconut butter (or plain)
- 3/4 c. pumpkin baking chips
- optional: marshmallow fluff
Directions: 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Open brownie mix and put into a medium bowl, add pumpkin and greek yogurt. Mix until smooth like a batter. (I do not recommend an electric mixer for this the dry brownie mix will go everywhere)
3. Warm coconut butter for 10-15 seconds in microwave and add to mix.
4. Add pumpkin baking chips and mix together.
5. Spray 8×8 square pan for no stick spray and add batter to pan spreading evenly.
6. Optional- Take small spoonfuls of marshmallow fluff, put onto of brownie mix, then take a knife and swirl fluff around.
7. Bake in oven for 26-30 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean. Let cool before cutting.
These brownies are the perfect mix of fluffy cake like on the top/outsides and goofy fudge like inside! I ate mine with some pumpkin ice cream after dinner last night and it was so good!
The pumpkin ice cream really makes the dessert… epic! So i highly recommend it to go with these brownies. I love sugar but the brownies since they are made with pumpkin and greek yogurt are not over the top with sweetness so its perfect! Enjoy.