What a great way to start a Monday! Pancakes!
Just because I choose for pancakes to go instead of the waffles or french toast doesn’t mean I don’t still eat and enjoy them. I make them the most often actually because I don’t have a waffle maker and we usually freeze our bread so french toast would take a while to make…. either way I have a pancake recipe for you today!
What is not to love about chocolate and plantains?? Nothing in my book because I eat a lot of both of those. I have
seven five (baked two last night) plantains in my kitchen right now that will be ripe this week and ready to eat. I love plantains and I hope you do too.
Chocolate Plantain Pancakes:
- 1 large ripe plantain
- 2 eggs
- 1 scoop protein powder (chocolate/unflavored or vanilla)
- 1 T coconut flour
- 1 T cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp nunaturals cocoa syrup (or other sweetener)
- optional add ins: chocolate chips, coconut, nuts, etc
- Peel plantain and blend it up in a blender then pour into a bowl.
- Add protein powder, coconut flour, cocoa powder vanilla extact and cocoa syrup or sweetener to bowl and mix together.
- Add chocolate chips, nuts, coconut etc. if you want to the batter.
- Heat a nonstick skillet, spray if necessary, pour batter onto hot skillet in the size pancake desired. Flip once the top starts to bubble and bottom is golden (2-4 min).
- Repeat until all of batter is gone and you have some delicious pancakes ready to eat!
- Serve with maple syrup and any other desired toppings.
Linking up this week with Tina Muir and Confessions of a Mother Runner for Meatless Monday, the Real Food Recipe link up with Jo-Lynne Shane and Alison Ray and Tasty Tuesday at LeanLena and A HungryRunner ,Recipe of the Week with Emily, Foodie Friday with Annmarie, Candy Fit, and Rattlebridge!