Hey there. How is your week so far? Is it unseasonably warm where you are too?
Here in Newport it has been high 40s-low 50s this week. CRAZY! But another burst of cold weather is on its’ way here this weekend. Maybe even some more snow is on the way.
With all the crazy weather patterns this year, from 60 F to 10 F in the matter of days winter health is important. I know my body is struggling to figure out what type of season it is and what it craves me to give it in order to stay healthy. There are a lot of things I can focus on to keep my immune system strong and healthy.
Some of the top ways I stay healthy this winter are:
- WASHING HANDS all the time! When I go run errands, at the gym, before and after I eat, when I wake up in the morning… the list goes on and on. Our phones are so dirty too so make sure you wash your hands after being on your phone before eating or touching your face!
- Eating a lot of food with VITAMIN C and fruits and vegetables in general. Some great items in include are oranges, tangerines, kiwi, broccoli, berries, leafy greens, peas and tomatoes. I also take a multi vitamin each morning that has all the necessary vitamins to keep my body healthy. Junk food will make your body feel like junk too. Eat the Rainbow of fruits and veggies.
- SLEEP! Sleep is so so so important for the body. It keeps your immune system nice and strong and allows your body to repair and fight off sickness. When you are sleep deprived you are so much more susceptible to sickness. I get 8-9 hours a night; which I know not everyone is able to do but aiming for at least 7 hours is important and keeping to a routine helps the body as well.
- DRESS appropriately. Make sure to wear coats and warm clothing outside.
- COVER your mouth. When couching and sneezing try to move away from other people and cover your mouth so you limit the germs you spread. It helps to have tissues or a handkerchief handy so you don’t just get germs all over your hands then move on with what you were doing.
- SEE A DOCTOR. I know everyones least favorite thing to do but sometimes it is necessary. Wether it is preventative to get a flu shot or to get antibiotics because you are already sick there is one place to make it super simple.
Amino is a great tool for finding whatever type of doctor you want. It allows you to search for your needs based off condition, location, age, gender preference, insurance and so much more. One you put in your preferences you can see the different doctor choices on a list or map view.
Since I am relocating to San Diego in just a few short months this website is going to be super handy for me to find new doctors after I move. I will need to find ALL new doctors and I don’t have time to spend hours searching for them. Amino is the easy answer for that problem.
I am linking up with Amanda today for Thinking out loud!
Disclaimer: This post is inspired by amino on winter health but I was not compensated and all opinions are my own.